1) Morning Meditation – The first thing I do after waking up is a morning meditation. Starting your day by meditating or practicing mindful breathing allows you to become more aware and in tune with your body.
2) Hot Water With Lemon – Lemon aids digestion by encouraging bile secretion from the liver, while also supporting the colon by promoting waste elimination more efficiently and regularly. It can act as a cleansing agent to flush out bacteria and toxins in the body, as well. These properties make it helpful for long-term cleansing.
3) Probiotics – Every morning I take two of my Soil-Based Organism (SBO) Probiotics. The right kinds of probiotics are a powerful combination that promotes beauty, improves digestion and leads to significant health improvements. I am a big fan of SBO probiotics, as they mimic the natural bacteria found in soil that our ancestors used to ingest in small amounts on unwashed garden veggies.
4) Glowing Green Smoothie (GGS) – The first thing I eat is my Glowing Green Smoothie (GGS). It’s the ultimate energy and beauty booster—loaded with greens, lemon juice and fruit that pack a mega-punch of vitamins, enzymes and minerals including blood-building iron, amino acids and fiber. The high level of fiber combined with the enzymes helps flush out pollutants and toxins, which is important for long-term vitality and youthfulness.
5) Abhyanga – This is the practice of working with the skin—our largest organ—to help relax the nervous system, which really promotes sleep. It also brings us into the here and now, which is great for reducing anxiety. I typically use sesame or coconut oil, and give myself a mini-massage before taking my evening shower. It feels so nice and soothing—the perfect self-care ritual at the end of the day.
6) Detoxy+ – Take Detoxy+ on an empty stomach with a glass of water. It’s a cleanse supplement that is created by adding an oxygen molecule to magnesium—through a process called ozonation—forming a compound called magnesium oxide that is time-released throughout the entire digestive system. It loosens waste while supporting the growth of friendly bacteria, which is essential for proper digestive and intestinal health. It leaves you feeling lighter, cleaner and more vibrant!
7) Essential Oils – We all know that certain scents work to calm you down. A relaxing scent like lavender can help you drift off to sleep, so I like to put a few drops on my pillow before bed or even sniff the open bottle while I’m reading.
8) Evening Meditation – I always finish my evening routine with meditation. This is the ultimate way to clear out the day and get re-centered. A lot of times we don’t fall asleep easily because our minds are still racing, which is really not conducive to deep sleep. Establish at least a simple meditation practice to start. Hopefully the more your body gets used to this evening routine, the easier it is to just shut off.