In its fifth year, the Green Spa Network Sustainability Awards honor people and companies that have invested in pursuing progress towards a sustainable future and achieved outstanding accomplishments through their leadership, innovation and dedication.
The 2016 recipients include:
- GSN Visionary Award: Robert Redford
- Culinary Excellence: Meadowood Napa Valley (St. Helena, CA)
- Green Building Award: The Allison Inn & Spa (Newburg, OR)
- Sustainable Skin Care Award – Shankara
- Sustainable Spa Award, Day Spa: Naturopathica Chelsea (New York City)
- Sustainable Spa Award, Multi-Location Spa: Natural Body Spa and Shop (Multiple Location in Florida, Georgia and Tennessee)
- Spa Award, Resort/Destination Spa: Spa at Mohonk Mountain House (New Paltz, NY)
- Sustainable Retailer Award – Pharmaca (Multiple Locations in California, Colorado, New Mexico, Oregon and Washington)
The Tara Grodjesk Dedicated Contributor Award, which recognizes those dedicated volunteers who contribute to the growth and success of GSN, was given to Bill Barczy, Jim Chenevey, Cici Coffee, Kelley Filbin and Rianna Riego.
The awards are judged by an independent committee of industry professionals that includes Mary Bemis, editorial director of Insider’s Guide to Spas; Debriana Berlin, founder of Kiss The Sky & Yoga Incorporated; Rona Berg, editor-in-chief of Organic Spa and The Rona Report; Christi Cano, president and founder of Innovative Spa Productions; and Julie Keller Callaghan, editor-in-chief and publisher of American Spa.
Runners-up were also recognized including:
- Culinary Excellence: Allison Inn, Blackberry Farm, Mii Amo
- Green Building Award: Complexions A Spa for Beauty and Wellness, Miraval Resort & Spa, Montage Beverly Hills, Salamander Resort, Solage Calistoga
- Sustainable Skin Care Award: Body Bliss, Intelligent Nutrients, JAMO, OSEA
- Sustainable Spa Award, Day Spa: Organic Elements Spa, Posh Organics
- Sustainable Spa Award, Multi-Location Spa: Complexions A Spa for Beauty and Wellness, Hiatus Spa & Retreat, International Orange, Naturopathica Healing Art Centers
- Sustainable Spa Award, Resort/Destination Spa: Allison Inn, Farmhouse Inn, Mii Amo, Montage Beverly Hills, Salamander Resort
- Sustainable Retailer Award: Credo Beauty, Organaca