Spas and wellness providers that have completed special training will be identified on Spafinder.com as qualified to provide services to cancer patients.
As the first organization to establish standardized, objective, cancer-focused training and business criteria for the spa and wellness industry, Wellness for Cancer aims to help those living with cancer by denoting certified national wellness locations that provide treatments and services specifically for cancer patients and their affected friends and family. As members of the global Spafinder Wellness 365 Partner Network, these locations will now be identified with a special Wellness for Cancer badge (see above) on Spafinder.com and recognized as a provider of safe, therapeutic services for cancer patients.
“Our goal is to help those living with cancer, including friends, family and co-workers, easily find ‘Cancer Aware’ wellness locations like these with confidence,” said Mia Kyricos, chief brand officer of Spafinder Wellness, Inc. “Cancer patients and survivors are among those who need wellness services the most, and through our partnership with Wellness for Cancer we can help them lead healthier lifestyles and decrease the stress associated with cancer.”
Certified properties also accept Spafinder Wellness 365 “I Care” eGift Cards, which can be used to give the gift of nurturing to friends, family and co-workers who are in need of relaxation and comfort. A percentage of proceeds for the sale of each “I Care” eGift Card will be donated to the Wellness for Cancer educational fund.
Medical specialists treat cancer as a chronic disease, and recognize the need for patients and survivors to lead healthy lifestyles, due to the increased risk of additional diseases and conditions as a result of certain cancer treatments. “Studies show the power of touch can decrease stress, anxiety, depression, pain and fatigue for both cancer patients and survivors, and these individuals receive many benefits from wellness and spa services,” said Julie Bach, executive director of Wellness for Cancer. “We are excited that these properties have committed to providing clients with the services that will help them manage medical treatments and lead healthier lifestyles.”
Certified Wellness Locations in the US:
- Cultivate Harmony Yoga (Denver, CO)
- Dynamic Touch Massage (Costa Mesa, CA)
- Hands On HealthCare Massage Therapy & Wellness Day Spa (Long Island, NY)
- Jeunesse Skin Care (Walnut Creek, CA)
- Journey Massage & Spa Service (Pittsford, NY)
- Lavender Skin Care Studio (Scottsdale, AZ)
- Main Street Massage Therapy (Flemington, NJ)
- Mayu Sanctuary (Denver, CO)
- Peace of Mind Massage (Denver, CO)
- Radiance Spa (Jamison, PA)
- Relax With Carol (Bremerton, WA)
- Santulan Massage Therapy for Women (Simi Valley, CA)
- Soulstice, LTD. (Denver, CO)
- Spa Alexis Massage & Bodywork (Houston, TX)
- Spa Gregorie’s Day Spa & Salon (Newport Beach, CA)
- Spa Gregorie’s Day Spa & Salon (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA)
- Spa On the Spot Mobile Day Spa (Buffalo, NY)
- You’re So Vain Salon and Spa (West Seneca, NY)