Holistic hair removal is a trend that actually is here to stay. Sugaring specifically has continued to grow in popularity for its eco-friendly manner, and mastering its tricky technique can set you apart from other spas around you. Michelle Cate, owner of Sugar+Lemon, joined the Skin Inc. LIVE! stage during Face & Body to discuss the benefits of sugaring as well as show some techniques.
- Completely natural - made of sugar, lemon and water
- Eco-friendly - the longest thing that will take to decompose into the earth is the hair on the sugar paste
- Is only warmed so never burns the skin
- Removes entire hair
- Over time can promote slower, weaker hair growth
Pro Tip: Double up on your gloves to easily switch gloves between having to dip back into your sugar pot, and keep yourself from having to worry about cross-contamination.
- Clean and prep the skin
- Apply thin layer of sterilized talc powder
- Have client hold skin taught
- Mold sugar onto the skin in the direction of the hair growth - keep fingers at a 90 degree angle
- Flick upward and away from the skin to remove hair