Discovery, education, networking and shopping are all scheduled for the Dallas show.
Indie Beauty Expo (IBE), the largest professionally-curated exhibition of independent beauty, wellness and lifestyle brands is set to launch in Dallas May 9th – 11th.
“Indie brands are the driver of innovation and growth in the beauty industry,” said Nader Naeymi-Rad, co-founder of IBE. “Texas is one of the most vibrant, affluent and rapidly growing consumer markets in the world. We felt it was time the two met.”
“In Dallas, we will be debuting the most advanced iteration of IBE—one that will represent all of our learnings and improvements to-date,” added Jillian Wright, co-founder of IBE. “We want to make an impact in Texas and we are investing to make that happen.”
“So far we have been blown away by the positive reception from Texas retailers. We are especially proud of the strong contingent of over a dozen amazing Texas beauty brands that are exhibiting at IBE,” added Wright.
IBE Dallas will showcase over 70 of the best indie brands in skincare, haircare, nail care, ingestibles, fragrance and beauty devices. IBE will take place over three days (CONNECT INDIE, SHOP INDIE and TRADE INDIE) and offers buyers, press, influencers and consumers discrete opportunities to discover, interact and transact with exhibitors while accessing a full schedule of education and networking events.
CONNECT INDIE – A Day for Beauty Entrepreneurs
On May 9th, Connect Indie will take place at The Joule Hotel Downtown.Connect Indie offers education, thought leadership and networking opportunities specific to beauty entrepreneurs. The line-up includes:
“Indie Essentials” – Structured Learning Courses
- Capital and Finance Landscape (NEW for Dallas): An introduction to the range of funding options available to indie brands at each stage of their development.
- Retail and Buyer Landscape: How to segment the spectrum of retailers, the crucial differences between them, and determining which are right for you.
- Retail Deep Dive – Home Shopping Networks (NEW for Dallas): An in-depth look at working with home shopping channels. Are they a good fit for your brand?
- Press and Media Landscape: How to segment the entire press and media universe and determine which is the right target media for you.
- Press Deep Dive – “Deskside Domination” (NEW for Dallas): From pre-meeting prep to post-meeting follow up, learn all the best deskside meeting secrets.
“Expert Dialogues” – Moderated Panel Discussions
- Founder’s Circle: Indie brand founders share the challenges they’ve faced and their success stories.
- Press Panel: Top editors and writers share how brands can get the attention of beauty editors.
- Buyer Panel: Experts share how to get in the door and succeed with buyers.
“Indie Mixer” – Networking Cocktail Hour
- Time to meet and build relationships with other founders, entrepreneurs, industry experts and IBE staff.
“Indie entrepreneurs need more than just an expo, they also need access to a platform where they can learn practical knowledge and skills, while building valuable relationships to support their growth,” said Wright. “Connect Indie provides this platform and it is open to non-exhibiting brands and founders as well.”
SHOP INDIE – A Day for Press and Beauty Lovers
On day two, IBE will move to sixty five hundred. From 4 p.m. – 5 p.m., the show floor will be open exclusively to VIP press, media and influencers. From 5 p.m. – 9 p.m., the general public can shop and mingle with the best independent beauty brands while tasting delectable beverages from High Brew and Frost 321 – two Texas brands. Attendees can also hear from expert panelists on a variety of health, wellness and beauty topics, including:
Stop & Swap: Safer indie beauty alternatives to mainstream beauty products.
- Beauty Rituals & Self-Care: Establishing an everyday beauty routine into a ritual for yourself, your brand and your following.
- Real Beauty with the Real Housewives: The Real Housewives of Dallas share their beauty regimen, on-camera makeup tips and the best makeup styles for events and parties.
TRADE INDIE – A Day for Buyers and Beauty Professionals
Day three, Trade Indie, continues at sixty five hundred and is a time for buyers and other beauty professionals to interact with the world’s largest collection of independent beauty brands. Attendees will also hear from speakers on topics directly relating to their fields, including:
- Ingredient Trends: Learn from one of the foremost ingredient experts on how to select elements, assess their safety and meet your labels claims.
- Indie Beauty Trends: Hear from industry leaders about what’s driving the indie beauty market.
- Live Makeovers: Watch as professional hair and makeup artists perform demos using products from the expo and reveal their beauty secrets for achieving the perfect look.
“IBE is now recognized as the definitive destination to discover the best independent brands and entrepreneurial education in beauty in North America. We have been honored and humbled by the positive reception from brands, buyers, press and consumers and are incredibly excited to bring the IBE platform to the Texas market.” said Naeymi-Rad.