Éminence Organic Skin Care Announces Milestone with their Forests for the Future Initiative as they reach five million trees planted in 19 developing countries.
Éminence Organic Skin Care, a natural and organic professional skin care brand, announced that they have reached a milestone of five million trees planted through their Forests for the Future initiative.
Since November 2012, Éminence has partnered with award-winning global tree planting organization Trees for the Future to create their own program—Forests for the Future—in which the brand plants a tree for every retail product sold. In the four years the brand has had this initiative, Éminence has planted trees in 19 developing countries around the world including Burundi, Uganda, Ghana and Tanzania. The Forests for the Future initiative enables Éminence’s tree planting partner’s field teams to empower farmers to restore the land and provide food and a sustainable future for the region’s inhabitants.
“We’re dedicated to helping create a sustainable planet through our partnership with Trees for the Future, offering farmers in communities around the world an opportunity to maintain their own sustainable business and feed their families” says Boldijarre Koronczay, President of Éminence Organic Skin Care. “Reaching this incredible milestone of 5 million trees planted only strengthens our mission for a positive impact around the world, the environment and the fight against deforestation.”
A single tree produces approximately 260 pounds of oxygen per year, while also providing a habitat for biodiversity and helping to combat climate change. To celebrate this achievement and bring awareness to why planting trees is such an important cause, Éminence has produced an inspiring 2-minute animated video: For every share of the video on social media with the hashtag #weplanttrees, Éminence will plant a tree (up to 100,000).
By choosing to use Éminence Organic Skin Care products, you are also choosing to make a difference by contributing to the fight against global climate change. To find out more on the Eminence Organic Skin Care Forests for the Future initiative, please visit:eminenceorganics.com/us/forests-future.
The Power of a Single Tree (Now, think of 5 Million!)
• Helps to prevent deadly mudslides, floods and soil erosion
• Replenishes the fertility of soil essential to growing life sustaining crops
• Provides habitat for a wider range of biodiversity creating natural sustainability for all life forms
• Provides families with income, empowerment, unity, leadership, education and even saves lives
• Helps lower air temperature and helps combat climate change
• Stabilizes the soil and prevents wind and soil erosion through its roots
• Contributes to the fertility of land through nitrogen fixation and increasing water penetration