The sixth annual World Wellness Weekend (WWW) took place this September 16 to 18, 2022. A total of 139 countries and 5,000 venues around the world took part in the events, with on-site or online activities organized for guests.
The annual nonprofit celebration inspired and empowered millions of people to experience fun, free and inclusive wellness activities with friends and family. The top five categories of venues for this year's event included: vitality, holistic, beauty, hospitality and longevity specialists. The top five types of activities included: movement, mindfulness, massage, outdoors and yoga.
2022 aWWWards Recipients
Celebrating Countries & Cities
- Brazil: Most active country in the world with 509 venues and 715 activities.
- Spain: Most active country in Europe with 464 venues and 725 activities.
- Marbella: Most active city in Europe with 221 venues and 337 activities.
- Dominican Republic: Most active country in the Caribbean with 120 venues and 300 activities.
- Punta Cana: Most active city In the Caribbean with 31 venues and 40 activities.
- Val Di Fiemme: Most active Valley in the world.
- Jerez: Second most active city in Spain with 86 venues and 120 activities.
- Gran Canaria: Most active island with 77 venues and 158 activities.
- Niederbronn Les Bains: Most active city in France with 53 venues and 53 activities.
- Odawara: Most active city in Japan with 26 venues and 26 activities.
- Winnipeg: Most active city in Canada with 19 venues and 24 activities.
- Perros-Guirrec: Most active city in Britany with 15 venues and 16 activities.
- Evolution Wellness: Most active fitness group with 149 clubs and 165 activities.
- David Lloyd: Most active fitness group in Europe, UK and Germany with 126 clubs and 378 activities.
- California Fitness Yoga: Most active fitness group in Vietnam with 32 clubs and 32 activities.
- Sharjah Ladies Club: Most active fitness group in the United Arab Emirates with five clubs and 17 activities.
- The Body Shop: Most active fitness brand in the Dominican Republic with four clubs and 30 activities.
- Tokyo Sports Oasis: Most active fitness club in Japan with one club and 17 activities.
Celebrating Hotels & Resorts
- Vila Gale: Most active hotel group in Europe with 28 hotels and 53 activities.
- Anantara: Most active resort group in Asia with 24 resorts and 24 activities.
- Banyan Tree: Most active hotel group in Asia with 14 hotels and 25 activities.
- Fusion Resorts: Most active resort group in Vietnam with 18 resorts and 25 activities.
- Excellence Resorts: Most active resort group in the Caribbean with eight resorts and 60 activities.
- Melia Punta Cana Beach: Most active resorts in the Caribbean with three resorts and 17 activities.
Celebrating Spa Brands
- Jiva Spa: Most active spa in the world with 62 spas and 76 activities.
- Buddha Spa: Most active spa brand in Brazil with 52 spas and 52 activities.
- Mandara & Chavana Spa: Most active spa brand in Asia with 23 spas and 23 activities.
- Groupe Snow: Most active spa brand in France with 11 spas and 11 activities.
- Peninsula Hot Springs: Most active Hot Spring in the world with one Hot Spring and 21 activities.
- Rotary Club: Most active Philanthropy club in the Caribbean with 22 club and 25 activities.